There is a whole world awaiting visitors to discover – Underground Eureka! Both history and gentle adventure, this can be a fun family activity. Daily tours will take you under downtown buildings and sidewalks to see what once was the main floor and street level, long since build over to get away from all the mud that filled the streets. Lots of history and exploring of passageways. Mud Street Cafe is one example you may already have seen. Once a first floor location, it is now at basement level. Main Street became known as Mud Street when erosion took over the town, and the mud flowed freely filling Main & Spring Streets. Now it’s a great breakfast and lunch spot, with wonderful coffee and great atmosphere.
This link will give you details about Underground Eureka! and this link will give you tour information Tour Info
Another family fun suggestion is the zip line! In it’s second year, the Zip Line Tour has received great reviews from our guests – especially the kids.
• 10 zip lines, ranging from 120 to 1800 feet in length.
• Suspended tree platforms, 1 suspended sky bridge, 2 short hikes.
• Take in beautiful long-range views of the Ozark Mountains from tree platforms
• Explore the forest from 20 feet to over 200 feet in the air!
• An approximately 2-hour tour on well over one mile of suspended cable.
• 10 guests per tour accompanied by 2 professionally trained Zip Line Guides.
• An all-weather adventure, providing an adrenaline rush – rain or shine!
The start point is located just across from the Inn of the Ozarks Best Western, on Hwy 23. They will get you outfitted with your gear and take a short shuttle ride to the tour. Please see their website for restrictions. Children as young as 3 years old are welcome.
Next installment will give you ideas on putting together some Enjoy!